Thanksgiving Break is here, which in academia means one thing: Try to get all your procrastinated school and house work done in a week. My break is bookended by baby showers and Thanksgiving meals, so I’ve got three effective days at home for the house projects, but the papers will follow me from event to event like Dickensian orphans. Here’s what’s in store (feel free to share your own lists, and we’ll be miserable together):
- Grade 55 ethics term papers
- Review 8 ICA submissions (by Dec. 3-7)
- Read 2 grad student research proposals
- Complete Social Media class syllabus
- Get tree stand, set up tree, and decorate it
- Hang lights on house and bushes
- Set up Christmas village
- Unpack and set up/put away baby shower gifts
- Bag and drawer comic books
Just for reference, most of my week will involve taking things from here …
… and putting them here …
… and here.
Back to work.